Magnetic Stop Block



When cross-cutting short pieces to the same length, I like to clamp a stop block to the rip fence of my table saw. This block provides clearance between the rip fence and the saw blade so the cut-off pieces don't get trapped (and kick back).


But recently, I came up with an idea that avoids the hassle of fiddling around with clamps. Instead I use a magnetic stop block. It's just a hardwood block with a pair of small magnetic catches inserted into one edge, see drawing. Note: If the face of your rip fence is wood or aluminum, simply put the magnetic catches in the bottom face of the stop block.



The magnets hold the stop block securely against the fence. And when I'm done, I simply store the block out of the way on the side of the saw cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment