Magnetic Clamp Pads




Whenever I use pipe clamps, I like to use a block of wood as a clamping pad.

The clamping pad helps prevent damage to the surface of my project when I tighten down the joint. Problem is, it's always been difficult to hold the block in place while I tighten the clamp.

To solve this problem, I attach small magnets to my wood blocks to keep them in place while I tighten the clamp. To secure the magnet to my wood block, I cut a recessed hole on one side of the block (the same diameter as the magnet) and then epoxy the magnet into the hole, see drawing. The magnet holds the

clamping pad in place, leaving me with both hands free to align the clamp on the workpiece.

2 comments:

  1. You have discussed an interesting topic that everybody should know. Very well explained with examples. I have found a similar website Recessed Magnetic lock visit the site to know more about Access Controls Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vulnerabilities with customary unique mark ID frameworks have implied that makers currently need to guarantee a far superior biometric identification with. door hardware supplier

    ReplyDelete