Dividing a Circle




Here's a quick way to divide any size circle into equal parts, without using complicated math. A standard circular saw blade does the calculations for you.

First divide the number of teeth on the saw blade by the number of parts you want to divide the circle into. To make this work, you'll have to pick a number that is an even multiple of the number of teeth on your blade. For example, a 24- tooth blade can be used to divide a circle into 3, 4, 6, 8, or 12 sections.

I wanted my circle divided into six equal parts. I placed the blade on top of my workpiece, making sure the center hole of the blade was aligned with the center of my pattern. Then I counted off groups of six teeth all the way around the blade, making a mark at each interval.

Next I simply removed the blade and drew connecting lines between the marks, leaving my circle divided into six perfectly equal parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment