Tool Shelf


Keeping power tools organized and within easy reach in my shop used to be a hassle. They were usually scattered around the shop or in a messy pile on my bench. To solve these problems, I built a handy shelf. Besides providing storage, this tool shelf solves another nagging problem as well — it keeps the power cords from getting tangled up like spaghetti. Each power cord fits in a separate compartment directly below the tool, as you can see in the photo.


These compartments are formed by a number of dividers that are sandwiched between a top and bottom, as shown in the drawing at right. The location of the dividers is determined by the amount of space each tool requires.

1 comment:

  1. I'm moving my workshop to my garage as that will now be my little (a redesigned) flatlet for us. (wife and me). So it will be a redesign job for me of a new w/s as well and this little goody will really be handy. However, I will add a cupboard to that (install it in an old kitchen cupboard) to keep the dust out.

    ReplyDelete