Spindle Sander Jointer




I don’t have a jointer in my shop, so I came up with a way to use my oscillating spindle sander for jointing edges. I just made a simple “jointing” fence. The fence is nothing more than a straight board with a U-shaped cut out to fit around the drum of my oscillating spindle sander.

To create an offset between the front and back of the fence, I shaved about 1/32" off the “infeed” side of the fence, see detail below. (The deeper the cut, the slower you’ll have to feed the work-piece.)

To use the fence, simply clamp it to the top of the sander so the drum is flush with the “outfeed” edge of the fence. Then feed the board along the fence past the sanding drum.

2 comments:

  1. does this really work? dead flat???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ToolFrance is a leading Spindle Sander. Order best Spindle Sanders at affordable prices from ToolFrance.

    ReplyDelete